At IBS Advisors, we are passionate about sharing knowledge. Not only are we experts at what we do, we are masters at teaching what we do.
Education opens and enriches the individual’s mind, producing a thinking worker. In an essay on education written in 1673, Obadiah Walker laid out the notion that learning isn’t about memory but the ability to understand, discern, and solve problems.
Green job training programs often focus on teaching students how to do certain tasks related to sustainability. The goal is to fill the student’s mind with facts and memorized behavior- and after passing a standardized test, we have a certified worker capable of being deployed in the workforce. Simply teaching someone how to robotically perform tasks related to sustainability without teaching them how their work fits into a bigger picture, or how to think about their work so they can perform it in the most efficient way, is outrageous.
We believe that the key to retaining knowledge is to form diverse and multiple associations around facts by thinking about them, discovering their hidden similarities and distinctions, and their “causal sequences”.
We produce thinking workers for an expanding knowledge-based economy.
How do we do that?
- We keep our class sizes small, allowing more interaction between the instructor and rater candidates. We are not a certificate mill.
- We have designed our curriculum to maximize the potential for candidates to learn how to do the work- not just regurgitate information to pass a test.
- We are passionate about raising the next generation of Raters who will join us in the fight to win America’s energy independence.
- We have tons of experience as working Raters- and Trainers. And we perform both roles pretty damn well.
Green job training teaches an individual how to perform specific tasks related to sustainable residential construction more efficiently and effectively. A RESNET-accredited Training Provider, we specialize in green job training for Home Energy Raters and Rating Field Inspectors. This industry has recently seen explosive growth, going from over 130,000 homes rated nationally in 2012 to over 200,000 homes rated nationally in 2013.
To produce an educated and trained Home Energy Rater or Rating Field Inspector, we developed a HERS training program that is second to none.
Excellent instruction. I feel like I learned as much information in 6 days as I learned in a semester at college. — Alan Ray
Our HERS Rater training program is the best in the country – in 2012, 100% of our students passed the National Exam the first time, all with scores in the 90’s (and a couple who scored 100!).
The goal is NOT to provide HERS Rater training, it is to produce educated HERS Raters!
Why? Because turning out poorly trained and educated Raters (the Rater certificate mills) costs the employer more money and increases quality assurance problems. In fact, these problems increase the cost of performing HERS Ratings:
- turning out second-class Rating Field Inspectors or Raters because they are trained by second-class HERS Rater trainers
- taking too little time to properly teach Rating Field Inspector training or Rater training
- putting improperly trained Rating Field Inspectors and Raters into production work
- hiring people who lack the mental wattage to perform HERS Ratings
- continuing to provide Rating Field Inspector training or Rater training to your employees after it is apparent they aren’t suited for this industry
We also teach our methods to others through our Train the Trainer program. Focusing on teaching adults how to do a job (any job), we use evidence-based learning principles to teach the skills needed to be a great trainer.
In addition to our HERS Rater training, we provide training in HVAC design, particularly as it relates to high performance homes. We cover Manuals J and S, with an emphasis on getting HVAC integrated early in the design and construction process.
If you want to become the best, you should be trained by the best!
You deserve to have the best training, proven to have results you can count on.
IBS Advisors offers a number of different courses, including;
- Online Rating Field Inspector Training – $800.00
- Train the Trainer Online Class – $400.00
- RESNET Green Rater Online Course – $350.00
- HERS Rater Training In-Person Class – $2,700.00
Check out our Upcoming Courses for a complete list of all of the training programs offered.
Call us at 423-838-5095 to register today!